Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Looking for a hormone "expert" consultant

(4 Posts)
Karen333 Wed 01-Feb-17 22:26:43

Dose anyone know of a hormone expert??

I am menopausal, have fibromyalgia too so I would like someone who can look at thyroid, estrogen, testosterone etc. So many fibro symptoms overlap with menopause/thyroid,

I'm in the midlands but will travel,


Maidofdishonour Wed 01-Feb-17 22:31:06

I'm menopausal, have fibro and a load of autoimmune diseases including Grave's disease (thyroid) and coeliac. I have yet to find an endocrinologist who will think outside of their specialism so I tend to ask my GP for specific blood tests. I managed to diagnose my self with both the thyroid and coeliac as they were utterly clueless about it.

PollyPerky Thu 02-Feb-17 08:16:20

My suggestion is that you look at some of the top private hospitals in London - King Edward 7 and the Lister, Chelsea, and look at their websites under menopause / gynaes, or endocrinologists. Have a look at the profiles of the consultants. Presume you mean you can go privately and not NHS?

Triskel Wed 22-Feb-17 16:22:51

Try Professor Wass in Oxford.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: