Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Increased hot flushes when starting Estradot HRT?

(3 Posts)
Bluejeans66 Mon 30-Jan-17 22:11:27

I have just started Estradot 50mg (with Utrogestan 100mg starting on day 15). I'm only in the second week (patch 3) but almost from day 1 have been suffering from much more intense and frequent hot flushes than ever before. I'm wondering if this is a consequence of the hormone changes and will settle down. Has anyone else experienced this and why did it stop? Thanks.

PollyPerky Tue 31-Jan-17 08:20:55

It's hard to say. It's unlikely that oestrogen will make you hotter. More likely is that you'd have had these symptoms anyway and the patch just isn't having that much effect yet- it's very early days (they say give it 3 months to see the full effects.)

Bluejeans66 Tue 31-Jan-17 09:17:24

Thanks Polly. No definitely not a continuation of previous sympthomns. I had hot flushes previously but nothing like the severity or frequency experienced in he past week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now