Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Hormones?

(6 Posts)
2014newme Thu 26-Jan-17 15:27:28

Hi I have been perimenopausal for about a year but in the last three months have had no periods. Today a few things have gone wrong and I can't stop crying and feel at rock bottom could this be caused by hormone changes?
Thanks

Maverick66 Thu 26-Jan-17 15:32:24

In my experience yes.
There are vitamin supplements you can try such as Menopace or Agnus cactus which may help ease your symptoms.
However, I would try and accept you are having a 'hormonal' day and treat yourself to whatever makes you feel better. Such as, hot bubble bath, nice walk, tea/coffe and ten minutes relaxation.

2014newme Fri 27-Jan-17 09:27:28

Thanks it was my birthday and I spent most of the day weeping. Going to Dr today

Maverick66 Fri 27-Jan-17 11:20:29

Good luck with Dr.hope he/she is sympathetic. The struggle with menopause is real. I think people don't realise how much your body goes through. But remember the old Mantra "this too will pass"flowers

mouldycheesefan Fri 27-Jan-17 11:23:47

She was brilliant, offered me HRt have got the stuff to read then let her know if I want it and gave me th vitamin advice too.
So glad I went.

Maverick66 Sat 28-Jan-17 21:54:41

That's great.hope you get some relief. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now