Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Femoston - bleeding

(2 Posts)
OctoberCarrot Sat 14-Jan-17 20:50:33

So am on Femoston for the last month. Overall HRT has been very positive for me. However I have just started bleeding. I haven't had a period for 3 years and I am certainly not happy by its return. Is this the only result with HRT? I will suck up but do feel it is a step backwards.

Am 44 so you to be post menopausal.

PollyPerky Sun 15-Jan-17 09:59:00

Can anyone tell me why GPs aren't explaining the basics of HRT? What were you told October*? Did your GP not explain that with a sequential HRT you will have a cycle which results in a withdrawal bleed every month? Pretty poor if they didn't.

Don't understand your last sentence- can you correct the typo?

You can use conti HRT if you are over 54 or post menopause ( 12 months with no period.) But for women your age who are having a premature menopause it's thought that mimicking the natural cycle is better.

You really need to go back to your GP and have a chat with them because there are options like the Mirena coil plus oestrogen which would stop bleeding for most women.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now