Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Presumably, this is par for the course?

(3 Posts)
Catiemack Sat 24-Dec-16 10:42:25

I'm 47. For the past couple of years my periods have been regular but different...lighter and closer together. Assumed this was perimenopause beginning.

This summer I had a normal period in July.....then absolutely nothing until the end of October, when I started having a brown discharge (sorry!) that went on for 10 days. Couple of weeks after that I had a normal period and a week after that ended the brown discharge started again, but only for a day or two.

Have Googled and every site says this is normal during the lead up to menopause. I don't need to see the doctor at this stage, do I?

Also...hot flushes: I am certain that I started getting them during the summer, every 3 hours or so (plus night sweats). But they've gone completely now. Is this similar to anyone else's experience?

TY smile

PollyPerky Sat 24-Dec-16 11:27:29

All completely normalsmile
Could carry on like this for 5-6 years. Flushes, sweats etc will come nad go until your oestrogen levels really dive then they might be more often (mine were hourly sad)
You don't need to see a doctor ever unless you want them to prescribe HRT. It's not an illness smile

Catiemack Sat 24-Dec-16 12:19:55

Thanks, Polly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now