Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Duavive

(5 Posts)
80sWaistcoat Mon 14-Nov-16 11:45:31

duavive

Read an article on this saying that its a good HRT for women who still have their uterus but aren't good with progesterone.

Anyone any experience?

PollyPerky Mon 14-Nov-16 12:21:14

It's very new. I suspect you'll be hard pushed to find any personal experiences. The downside of this new HRT is it uses CEE- synthetic estrogens, which is not good, and some women on other forums are saying they'd not use it for that reason alone. If you are intolerant to progesterones there are other options such as Utrogestan used vaginally (capsules), the Mirena or long cycle HRT where you take /use progestogens only once every 2 or 3 months. Any good?

PollyPerky Mon 14-Nov-16 12:22:10

ps- your link doesn't work- it's only for subscribers to that site.

80sWaistcoat Mon 14-Nov-16 12:51:29

Cheers Polly. I'll ask the GP - she's being pretty good with the whole menopause thing. Wish she'd been my GP 8 years ago when this started!

PollyPerky Mon 14-Nov-16 13:05:45

Just to add- Utrogestan is not licensed for vaginal use in the UK even though it is across Europe. My own dr is happy for me to use it wherever i want (but that's privately so not bound by NHS 'rules') but plenty of women on other forums say they use it vaginally. If you go long cycle your GP should also arrange pelvic scans every year or so to check your endometrium is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now