Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Prempak -C & skipping period?

(4 Posts)
N0tfinished Fri 14-Oct-16 15:39:15

Hi, I'm on Prempak-C, due to finish a pack in 5 days, therefore expecting a period....just in time for a long-awaited & very rare trip away with my DH hmm

Does anyone know how I could skip the period? I'm in Ireland so a trip to GP for this info would cost €50 sad

PollyPerky Fri 14-Oct-16 20:04:47

The only way now would be to carry on using the progestogens in the next pack. Not familiar with that brand but it will be the 12 tablets you take in the 2nd half of a month. Once you stop taking them you will bleed, so to stop that you need to take more.

PollyPerky Fri 14-Oct-16 20:09:24

ps- you should also take the oestrogen tablet every day as well. If you want to avoid the bleed in future, don't take the 12 tablets at all- skip them until a week or so later and you can time the bleed when it suits you, but don't do this too often or for too long.

N0tfinished Fri 14-Oct-16 22:24:34

That's excellent, thank you. I had guessed the opposite, so you saved my bacon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now