Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Palpitations

(8 Posts)
LadyFannyOfOmaha Sat 01-Oct-16 15:52:30

I've been having non-stop palpitations all week. I haven't been drinking any more caffeine or alcohol than usual. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm 50, my periods are now anywhere between 90-15 days apart and I've also had problems with flooding, night sweats and difficulty concentrating. The palpitations are making me feel uncomfortable, and I'm starting to feel anxious, which doesn't help. Is this normal?

PollyPerky Sat 01-Oct-16 17:28:30

Just to reassure you- palpitations are a common symptom.

Here
Menopause Matters

LadyFannyOfOmaha Sat 01-Oct-16 17:41:27

Thank you PollyPerky. I keep thinking I'm about to have a heart attack, I've never experienced anything like it before.

KatieDesperado Sat 01-Oct-16 17:56:30

I've had this. It was very bad about three years ago when I didn't even think that I was peri/menopausal. Dr. gave me a heart monitor to wear for a day plus blood tests and found nothing wrong. I got told it might be too much caffeine - I don't drink coffee and I have no more than two cups of tea a day though.

I still get them, but not so frequently - now I get hot flushes, anxiety and brain fog. Oh, and I ache. A lot.

It is scary - I used to feel my heart apparently beating out of the side of my ribs when I lay on my left side. Hope yours settle down soon.

Mummytron Sat 01-Oct-16 22:12:30

That's weird what you say about your heart beating outside the left of your ribs because I get that too. They are horrible and mine are cyclical.

LadyFannyOfOmaha Sun 02-Oct-16 09:33:47

It's a really uncomfortable feeling, similar to how you feel before an interview, or going on a theme park ride. I feel it in my throat and top of my chest.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sun 02-Oct-16 22:08:25

Since I have been on HRT my palpitations have disappeared, apart from the odd episode.

Waitingfordolly Sun 02-Oct-16 22:13:12

Yeah I get them. I had various tests, nothing serious, but might be worth putting your mind at rest. I can't work out any pattern to mine but they are horrible. I feel like I must be about to have a heart attack and sometimes they go on for hours, sometimes just occasionally. I'm getting migraines too, probably another symptom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now