Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Feeling edgy, suggestions please.

(4 Posts)
Paleninteresting Tue 30-Aug-16 22:55:33

After six months on a Femiston higher dose, I am now on the lower dose due to prolonged bleeding. I had felt so well after having undiagnosed peri for arounds three years including pain, stiffness, hot flushes, sleeplessness and excessive anger.
Now on the lower dose, I am feeling edgy and my bitchy resting face has returned. I can't go through this again. All suggestions except mindfulness will be welcomed.

PollyPerky Wed 31-Aug-16 08:40:53

When you say you were on Femoston (2mg?) was this conti and sequential?

Presume it's sequential if you are still not post meno.

It's worth thinking about swapping to oestrogen gel because you can get more variation with the dose- anything from 1 pump to 4 (which is 0.75mcgs - 3 mcgs oestrogen.) You;d need a separate progesterone/ progestin.

Other than that I'd suggest lifestyle changes- if you've not already! Cut out the caffeine, booze, refined carbs, and do more exercise- 30 mins at least a day to raise your heart rate. I find that if I let up on exercise my symptoms (insomnia) get worse.

PollyPerky Wed 31-Aug-16 08:42:44

sorry- too early for this! The dose is 0.75mgs - 3 mgs.

Paleninteresting Wed 31-Aug-16 14:11:21

Thank you for replying Polly. Yes it was the 2mg.
If my edge does not reduce and will discuss the gel.
Yes lifestyle changes are also required.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now