Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Could I be experiencing peri menopause

(4 Posts)
RussianDoll16 Tue 30-Aug-16 10:18:12

Hello
I'm completely new to this but have been reading threads and decided to join up to get some advice before I go completely round the bend. I turned 38 in June this year and have always had regular periods. I went on mini pill for contraception earlier in year which made me bleed randomly so I came off it as it was annoying plus relationship ended. I stopped taking it in May this year. I had a light bleed in early June and have had no period since. I feel bloated, depressed, weepy , mild cramping. At start of August I was convinced period was coming as had all the usual cramps and down below pains yet nothing came. I get mild cramps on an evening. Wondered if anyone else has/ is in similar boat confused

FrameyMcFrame Wed 31-Aug-16 19:32:29

You could ask your GP for a blood test. Make sure it's on day 3 or 4 of your cycle and they check LH and FSH, thyroid and estradiol

EllenRipley Wed 31-Aug-16 19:44:28

Sounds like your hormones are just out of whack since coming off mini pill, it might take a wee while to sort itself out. I'm sure there's things you can do diet or natural supplement-wise to bring things back in line. I wouldn't know what to suggest as it depends what your hormones are up to! Lots of info online about hormone imbalances etc X

RussianDoll16 Wed 31-Aug-16 20:16:20

Thankyou for your responses i think you're right , probably settling down and I'll get to GP. Had bad cramping again today it's as if AF is on way I would be due this week if I had been on time last time hmmx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now