Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Peri menopause, no wonder we feel crap after seeing this photo

(6 Posts)
FrameyMcFrame Fri 12-Aug-16 16:21:26

Looking at this 6 month pattern you can see why life can be a challenge while going through peri

yeOldeTrout Fri 12-Aug-16 16:27:00

Isn't it interesting that some people don't feel bad at all, though? I wonder why it's so variable. What can we do to help ourselves.

PollyPerky Fri 12-Aug-16 16:41:47

There was some evidence that exercise ( 5 days a week) helps as well as healthy eating (reducing sugar, carbs and alcohol.)
Not all women suffer during peri. I hardly did at all and got to 53 with no symptoms other than having a very short fuse with my teenagers. I thought I'd escaped meno but when my periods stopped the flushes began with a vengeance.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Fri 12-Aug-16 16:46:28

I suppose that graph is based on a sample of women, but I agree it looks pretty alarming. I think the doctor just scribbled on the second graph though (with a crayon) grin.

FrameyMcFrame Fri 12-Aug-16 22:59:55

I think some people are just more sensitive to hormone fluctuations than others.
I've had terrible pms all my life, now it's just become shit all month rather than just the few days before AF arrives. I actually feel better in the later part of the month now, it's the first part that has gone really haywire hmm

FrameyMcFrame Fri 12-Aug-16 23:01:19

It certainly does look like a big scribble with a crayon, matches how I feel though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now