Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

What to do now.....

(2 Posts)
MyUsernameDoesntHaveNumbers Wed 29-Jun-16 14:10:14

I am not sure what to do now.......
I am 42 and my periods are getting out of control. I bleed so heavily that some days I can't leave the house and frequently flood to my knees. I need to carry a change of clothes with me everywhere. I have a period every two weeks or so.
I think that I have menopausal symptoms;
night sweats, which soak my nightwear and my bedding, I often have to change my clothes and my bedding at night.
I am constantly exhausted, I am in bed by 8.30pm everynight and still have trouble functioning through the day.
My memory is shot.
My bones ache.
I have the absolute rage most days.
Awful headaches.
Vaginal dryness and soreness.
I could go on!

I have been to my Dr and been referred to a gyne . I have fibroids and am waiting a hysterectomy.
I have been prescribed prostap but that didn't stop the bleeding and made my other symptoms 100% worse.
My consultant won't put me on the list for a hysterectomy until my BMI is 35 or under (currently 40).
I know I am overweight but I just do not know what to do while trying to lose weight, I feel absolutely terrible and the weight seems impossible to shift. Exercise is the last thing on my mind when every bone aches and I am exhausted.
Does anyone have any advice?
Sorry for the length of my post!

FrameyMcFrame Thu 30-Jun-16 23:02:50

Difficult for you. Could you try a low carb diet, it's supposed to help with hormonal symptoms too. Go back to the GP and ask if you can have HRT or go on the pill?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now