Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

If you are post menopause do you still have hormonal symptoms

(5 Posts)
Orac Thu 16-Jun-16 13:16:31

You get used to blaming things on your cycle I think.
After 40 years of a 28 day cycle I had a number of niggling little symptoms that were clearly affected if not cause by hormonal fluctuations. The spots that appeared every month for 2 or 3 days, the bloating and other classic PMS things. I used to get joint pain in my fingers every month for 2 days.

Most of these have blessedly disappeared but a few pop up now and then which makes me wonder?

FrameyMcFrame Sat 18-Jun-16 22:28:45

Apparently you can still have a hormonal cycle even after menopause, it's just not strong enough to cause periods or ovulation.

CointreauVersial Sat 18-Jun-16 22:31:30

I do see some very slight "monthly" effects (discharge, spots etc), but nothing very notable, and not every month.

I only had 31 years of periods - lucky me.....grin

bibbitybobbityyhat Sat 18-Jun-16 22:35:39

I am spottier now at 53 than I was at 33 hmm. And still have hair that needs washing every two days. But am very definitely post menopause, the sagging jowels and roll of fat just below bra will attest to that.

Orac Sun 19-Jun-16 09:03:10

Yes to the spots, the same kind of crops as before but maybe once every 3 months instead of exactly every 28th day.
If I add it up it was actually 43 years.... age 10 to 53. I'm 58 now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now