Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

So, I'm officially Menopausal...

(7 Posts)
shadowfax07 Wed 08-Jun-16 00:58:31

... but can't have HRT because I've had breast cancer. My FSH level was 83. Can anyone suggest anything other than HRT the can help? I'm having B12 injections and take a vitamin tablet every day, as well as a Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplement, and an anti depressant, but I still have horrendous tendon pain in hands, elbows, knees and ankles. Help!!!

eatyourveg Wed 08-Jun-16 08:04:22

I read this book which suggests linseeds, soya, celery and chick peas amongst other things - red clover was mentioned too. I'm still deciding what to do as my migraines have got really really bad and I'm sure my employer is getting fed up with me having to go home so often.

PollyPerky Wed 08-Jun-16 09:19:41

Can you ask your consultant shadow? There are some herbs and foods that women who have had breast cancer ought not to use because they have the same effect as oestrogen (that's why people use them!)
Acupuncture has a lot of good reports on meno symptoms but it's not cheap and you'd need to find someone good.

Keithyoustink Wed 08-Jun-16 09:26:20

I thought this recipe for a Menopause Cake looked interesting but haven't tried it as my symptoms were relatively short lived

www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester/content/articles/2007/04/27/hrt_cake_recipe.shtml

shadowfax07 Wed 08-Jun-16 11:43:14

The oncologist has signed me off, and I'm still waiting to see the consultant at the menopause clinic.

The cancer I had was HER+, not oestrogen receptive, but I'm still nervous about phytoestrogens.

shadowfax07 Mon 26-Sep-16 23:36:33

I've finally managed to see the consultant at the Menopause clinic! She's put me on 1mg of Sandrena per day for three months, to see if any of my symptoms are improved by it.

Fingers crossed it's a magic wand for me.

Dorje Mon 26-Sep-16 23:38:12

Fingers crossed for you shadowfax.
I hope you're feeling much better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now