Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Phantom pre menstral symptoms?

(5 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Sun 29-May-16 18:19:04

Do these exist? I'm 51 and have been pretty regular till about 3 months ago but haven't had a period since then. But... I've had instances where I felt I was about to have my period, the normal tummy pains etc but then, no actual period!

Is this normal? I was convinced I was about to have a period 3 days ago and there was even a bit of blood but then, nothing!

I feel normal apart from this, except I've had a few times when my face suddenly feels v hot and goes bright red, mainly in the evening. I'm prone to flushing anyway but this hasn't been after drinking alcohol or eating spicy food.

Anyone else had these symptoms..?

bruffin Sun 29-May-16 18:25:07

Im the same, its over 3 months since i had last one and get pmt symptoms every month or so. Although i have missed one or 2 periods before this is the first time i started getting burning face. The first time was with a glass of prossecco.

Destinysdaughter Sun 29-May-16 18:40:56

Thanks for that, glad to know it's not just me!

Destinysdaughter Sun 29-May-16 18:42:01

Realised there's such a lack of info for this massive life change, I really don't know what to expect!

bruffin Sun 29-May-16 18:45:43

Im lucky i lunch with 3 lovely ladies every week and we share symptoms smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now