Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

bad taste in my mouth......

(5 Posts)
gettingbythistime Sun 15-May-16 18:32:01

i know there are many unusual symptoms for the menopause and wondered if this might be one? for the last week i have had this bad taste in my mouth, bit metallic i guess/chemically. initially i thought it was because of the eye cleaning fluid i use on my white cat as i bite my nails and took forgranted it was because i had done her eyes and then bitten my nails however, i don't think this now has anything to do with it. quite upsetting for me really as it has literally just come into my head how a few years ago i would have been very excited as this may have been a pregnancy sign (i have secondary infertility) however there is noway i am pg as i am 51 and have not had a period for a little over a year now. anyone else have/had this or similar? thanks

thaterrantcurl Sun 15-May-16 21:32:16

Hi Getting by,

I had the bad taste in my mouth thing at the beginning of peri menopause. It was metallic as you say. It came and went along with other symptoms such as nausea .
The nausea was similar to morning sickness believe it or not. It really annoyed me not to see nausea listed as a menopause symptom . I also had high oestrogen , so high in fact that I was sent off for investigations . All was fine.
Menopause is hell on wheels if you ask me.

AdoraBell Mon 16-May-16 11:38:49

I have this right now. Metálico taste and it seems to increase my saliva too.

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Mon 16-May-16 11:41:42

Yes I've had it too. It will pass.

gettingbythistime Mon 16-May-16 12:12:03

thanks chaps. i was beginning to wonder if i was going to be one of those (lucky..) ones who finds themselves pg having had a one last fertile unexpected blast. i tried for ten years to get pg for the second time and whenever i have been (successfully) pg i have always had this bad taste in my mouth. funny/sad really, i have had this bad taste for about a week and in the past when ttc No. 2 i would have immediately been excited hoping it was a sign but i haven't been ttc for years now due to age and didn't give it a thought until yesterday. pathetic how even though i don't really want another child now, there has been an awakening of the desperation that i guess will always be there inside me. truth is, i would dearly love to be pg sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now