Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

ugh new symptom now....

(6 Posts)
Badders123 Sun 01-May-16 16:41:38

I'm in Peri menopause
It's not been fun tbh but I'm managing with menopace and vit d (I'm also vit d deficient)
This month I've had cramps and diahorrea along with my period - not the first time
My periods are about 30 days apart and for the first day incredibly heavy
They only last 2/3 days now though so that's something I guess!
Anyone else had this?
Any tips?
I've taken buscopan for the cramps
Fed up sad

PollyPerky Sun 01-May-16 19:55:17

Have you seen your GP? Have you tried Tranexamic acid? (from dr.) Ibuprofen?
I've had pain and diarrhoea all my life with the first day of bleeding. It's not nice, I agree! Would you consider a Mirena (or have you tried that?)

Badders123 Sun 01-May-16 20:38:51

Yep. Begged them to take it out after 6 months
Tried cerazette - NIGHTMARE
Can't take ibuprofen as I had gastritis from it before. I take paracetamol and co codamol for pain
Haven't tried transemic acid (sp?) but do have some - bit worried about the side effects though which is stopping me. I only bleed really heavily for one day
God in so fed up of this - 33 years and counting with this crap
angry

Badders123 Sun 01-May-16 20:43:02

(Also tried depo which Made me put on 2 stone and pop pill which made me feel really ill)
Gynae said he doesn't think I suit hormonal meds
I think I agree!
He did suggest ablation but tbh im not convinced - heard some real nightmare stories
Sigh
Not easy is it?

PollyPerky Sun 01-May-16 20:48:56

Maybe your gynae is a bit negative? Surely there is something that can help? TBH if it's just one day, that's not too bad. I have the same with an HRT bleed but the other benefits outweigh the downside- though you won't hear me say that on the bad day!

Badders123 Sun 01-May-16 21:13:43

Yeah had the same with HRT too...awful haemorrhaging
I flooded the bed on Friday night
Sigh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now