Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

i am 45

(9 Posts)
PassiveAgressiveQueen Mon 18-Apr-16 10:47:43

I believe i have been having symptoms for about 1 year now, Dr did a blood test which came back negative, I have been having hot sweats, can't sleep at night as I am so hot.

I have been called a cold my whole life, the only time I have been hot was egypt in august so this is really rare for me.

My periods are 3 weekly but I haven't had a period since mid Febuary.
Should I go to the docs just in case something else is wrong?
As a secondary question, My sex drive is 100% gone will HRT help that?

PollyPerky Mon 18-Apr-16 10:51:42

Have a read of the NICE guidelines a couple of threads down.

Yes, HRT may help libido.

lljkk Mon 18-Apr-16 11:21:03

Have you tried the self-help measures listed on websites? I know HRT may be great, but folk seem to say that sometimes it takes a while to find the right HRT. You can try the self-help things right away, and most of them are good for your health in other ways, anyway.

PollyPerky Mon 18-Apr-16 11:28:34

Lifestyle measure can make a huge difference- diet, exercise, etc.

Also blood tests are often not accurate. They need to be done on day 2-5 of your cycle ( were they?) and sometimes repeated a couple of times (same days of cycle) to get a reliable reading. They are not used for women 45+ (see NICE report) simply because they are unreliable- drs are being advised to treat symptoms instead.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Mon 18-Apr-16 11:54:41

thanks.

Jackie0 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:57:40

I'm in the same boat op, watching with interest.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Mon 18-Apr-16 14:13:36

just discovered the fact I am hungry 24 hours a day is also pretty standard

PassiveAgressiveQueen Mon 18-Apr-16 14:14:14

back to bloomin pregnancy behaviour, trying to eat all day and consume 0 calories

PassiveAgressiveQueen Mon 18-Apr-16 14:22:39

reading an article which sounded really sane and helpful, then I got to this line
"Either way the problem can be helped greatly and some cases resolved with appropriate herbs and homeopathic remedies."

oh well move on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now