Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

'Missed' period

(4 Posts)
Imbroglio Wed 09-Mar-16 06:12:52

Very odd. I'm 50 and currently unusually active due to impending marathon.

Periods have been lighter and shorter for a while but otherwise all good.

Then this month I've had the PMT and the heaviness and cramps and chocolate .... But no blood. Nothing. Not a drop. It's been over two weeks since I was expecting to start but there has been nothing and now it's all calmed down again.

Am I going to have the period from hell next month?

CrushedVelvet Wed 09-Mar-16 12:35:52

Maybe, but not necessarily. The not knowing WTF is going on is all part of the joy that is perimenopause. I (also 50) recently skipped 2 periods, then had a perfectly normal one.

PollyPerky Wed 09-Mar-16 13:23:27

Depending on how much exercise you do, it's possible that it's stopped your periods.www.livelifeactive.com/2012/05/24/how-exercise-can-affect-a-womans-menstral-cycle

At 50 it's likely that your estrogen levels are a bit low anyway - as you have seen by periods being lighter.

So I'd say what you have experienced is normal for your age. It might have happened anyway without the training - you wont know!

But looking on the bright side, no, it's not a cert you will have a period from hell. I never had one single heavy period all during peri meno - they just got lighter.

Imbroglio Wed 09-Mar-16 18:33:20

I think I must be pre- or peri-menopausal and the increased exercise plus other huge stresses could account for it. It was just weird having all the symptoms without the main event. And annoyingly I have put a couple of pounds on due to comfort eating....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now