Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

aches

(8 Posts)
kellie39 Wed 24-Feb-16 16:44:47

hi
im due on my period any time and im suffering low back ache and my bum cheeks ache, is this normal to have these?
ive only just beginning to think that im perimenopausal so i dont know if this is normal or not?
im feeling really anxious at the min and my mind is racing, i had my smear test this morning and im worrying about these aches but i didnt have them last week but that doesnt stop my mind overthinking.

the bum cheeks seems weird to me but this is all new to me and im very confused at the min.

do you get more aches?
xx

kellie39 Sat 27-Feb-16 13:43:57

anyone get more aches?
xx

kellie39 Sat 27-Feb-16 13:46:30

my anxiety is sky high at the minute as well and i dont know if its anything to do with that either
xx

VulcanWoman Sat 27-Feb-16 14:20:08

These past couple of days my lower spine has been aching feeling odd, if it isn't one thing it's another! When I've been for my smear it always feels a bit odd too like I'm going to come on my period.
I'm going to start going to a mindfulness classes to try and help me feel more calm and relaxed, it can't hurt anyway.
Give it a few days maybe, see how it goes, then you could go to the docs for a chat, put your mind at rest.

kellie39 Sat 27-Feb-16 14:25:53

ive come on my period now and the ache is less but still there, its not enough to take a painkiller for but because im anxious i cant stop thinking about it and worrying like you do.

VulcanWoman Sat 27-Feb-16 14:34:30

That sounds a bit better then. I think the anxiousness magnifies different issues, I do the same, I keep getting random things, I had an eye twitch on and off for a year or so, got it in my head it was the start of some nerve condition, that's gone now too. My worse symptom is a more prominent heart beat, some times it goes to palpitations too, I'm getting more used to it, even though it's off putting sometimes.
Have you tried any relaxation techniques?

kellie39 Sat 27-Feb-16 15:19:55

im in such a state with the anxiety and cant think of anything other than my smear test and the results and these silly aches. im sure i wouldnt take any notice of them any other time but now i cant think of anything else. i was ok a week or so back but i find the anxiety gets worse when im due on my period and that was then at the same time as my smear so my mind went into overdrive and hasnt slowed down yet.
i have a hypnosis recording that i had done a while back and i try to listen to that but i often cant switch my worrying off long enough to relax and listen to it, my brain keeps worrying and i end up in tears.
i will try again tonight
xx

VulcanWoman Sat 27-Feb-16 17:06:51

Yes, that's a good idea, give that another go. I think there's video's on Youtube to help with breathing techniques also. Best wishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now