Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

mood swings, crying & night sweats

(6 Posts)
patchworkchick Fri 19-Feb-16 10:00:42

Not sure what to do, was on HRT and due to complications and an ovarial cyst was taken off. The hot flushes have calmed down and liveable with, but the crying, depression like moods are really difficult. Can't take black cohosh as it raises blood pressure, any ideas?

PollyPerky Fri 19-Feb-16 10:55:59

Why were you taken off HRT for an ovarian cyst- were there lots of concerns?

What kind of complications did you have?

TBH HRT works, and if you want to try it again then have you thought about asking for a referral, or paying for one, to discuss further?

patchworkchick Fri 19-Feb-16 20:53:50

I just accepted what the GP recomended, will head back in to see him next week. He suggested the cyst was the reason to stop HRT.

PollyPerky Fri 19-Feb-16 22:30:59

How big was the cyst and what kind was it? If it was totally benign then I am puzzled why they thought you had to stop HRT. The 'rule' is that cysts under 5cm are monitored and anything over that size may be removed if they are suspect in any way.

I had a cyst for 2 years which was picked up as part of a gynae MOT before I went on HRT a few months later. It was never ever an issue though I did have regular scans to check what was happening to it It went away in the end). This was with a Harley St consultant.

JapanNextYear Sat 20-Feb-16 19:05:13

GP suggested Agnus castus for mood swings, I was sceptical but it foes seem to have helped, but no reason why you shouldn't go back to GP to see re HRT.

patchworkchick Sun 21-Feb-16 10:38:53

booking appointment with GP first thing tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now