Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

six fucking months without a period and...

(18 Posts)
20thcenturyschizoidwoman Wed 27-Jan-16 20:00:07

Bang it started this morning!

I knew something was a foot as my tits were sore and other PMT symptoms were cranked up to eleven.

Six fucking months though .... I thought I had done it!

Bastards

Buttercup27 Wed 27-Jan-16 20:01:37

I hear they like to lure you into a false sense of security angry chocolate & cake might be needed!

NecklessMumster Wed 27-Jan-16 20:05:14

I went just12 months, thought that was it, threw tampons away and bought white pants....then had another. Then 18 months...again..went to gynae....said it was another last hurrah. But that's it nowsmile

20thcenturyschizoidwoman Wed 27-Jan-16 23:15:37

Thank you both.

Today has been really strange - felt like I wasn't really there and it took me back to my childhood when I started my periods. I remember feeling 'other worldly' then....

Had to buy STs as I had none in (DD had used them) but I still had a tena lady around as an emergency (had my bits hoiked up 18 months ago so my tena are now redundant) ....

And I have a cracking headache and back ache too

Fuck it

tothesea Wed 27-Jan-16 23:45:26

Ha! The same thing happened to me....6 months of nada then boom..back with a vengence!! I am on tenterhooks wondering if I am going to get one this month. Like you I was kind of hoping that this was IT!! Apart from joint pain I hadn't any other symptoms.
I was wondering if I you are supposed to see a Gp if you think you are in menopause or thats just if you are having problems. Anyone know?

PollyPerky Thu 28-Jan-16 09:57:06

No- you don't need to. If you want to discuss HRT or other symptoms that might need a prescription then yes, but otherwise, there is no need.

tothesea Thu 28-Jan-16 22:46:26

Thanks Polly!

OneMagnumisneverenough Sun 31-Jan-16 19:40:02

I went 12 months between periods twice! Haven't had one for 2 and half years so was thinking definitely over now, but this week I've got pmt symptoms. Sensitive sore boobs, achy groin, headache and craving chocolate....think my body is having a laugh honestly sad

20thcenturyschizoidwoman Sun 31-Jan-16 19:48:05

onemagnum have some of this winechocolatecake

OneMagnumisneverenough Sun 31-Jan-16 19:51:19

thanks 20th Chocolate and cake have been done already but wine does sound good. smile

TheExMotherInLaw Sun 31-Jan-16 22:55:36

yeah, same happened to me. 3 weeks of feeling fine, several months of PMT, getting more and more homicidal and bloated, to the stage I had to buy something different to wear for ds wedding, then BAM, the day after we came home. That was last ever, tho, thankfully! 12 months is cruel!

20thcenturyschizoidwoman Mon 01-Feb-16 10:02:07

i had a total meltdown last night.

i just lost it - emotions are just up in the air.

feel physically and emotionally shitty.

had pneumonia and flu over christmas so i was seriously ill. I am still tired but over the weekend the lymph nodes in my neck have swollen and are so bloody painful. i ache all over - especially in strange places (my thumb hurts and my right shoulder!!??). i also feel dizzy (but my blood pressure is high - i have a machine as i have hypertension on meds) and i feel like i am "not really here". my lips tingle too. DH bless him just wants to cuddle me but i feel so shitty and upset i cant be doing with it all.

so i took some co codamol and brufen and watched call the midwife which made me bawl even more.

i think i am losing the fucking plot

OneMagnumisneverenough Mon 01-Feb-16 11:48:49

That sounds shite 20th

Hope you feel better soon. flowers

Drywhitethanks Wed 03-Feb-16 18:31:33

<Links arms in solidarity>

......skipped some periods last year bliss, even bought a pregnancy test, I'm in denial obv then monster rage and a couple of weird ones and now nothing for 2 months. Hope this is it. smile

Gateau Thu 04-Feb-16 11:13:27

Hi, I haven't had a period since about November. In fact I can't remember exactly when as my normally regular periods went a bit random last year. I'm 46. I think I would feel pregnant if I was, though, wouldn't I? And I wouldn't be able to do long runs (up to ten miles), would I? Please reassure me! I really don't want to be pregnant but am too scared to do a test. Husband and I have had sex a few times and he was 'careful', but who knows? Should I see my GP to see about possible start of menopause? Maybe it's also down to losing a couple of stones in weight last year and upping my exercise. Sorry for ramble and hijack of post.

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 04-Feb-16 11:24:56

Gateau, you'd probably better do a test just to put your mind at rest. My OH had had the snip so that was never a worry for me. I can't remember when min started to get erratic but I was younger than you are now. I'm 49 and have had only a handful of periods since I was about 43. My sister had her 2nd child at 43 though.

It sounds like it is pre menopause though. When I lost weight a couple of years ago I found my periods temporarily came back so who knows!

Gateau Thu 04-Feb-16 11:44:27

Thank you OneMagnum. I guess I would need to have done a test before going to see my GP, because he/she will prob ask me to do one to rule that out (I hope!).

OneMagnumisneverenough Thu 04-Feb-16 12:00:31

I probably should have gone to the GP but decided to bury my head in the sand instead... smile

Good Luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now