Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

menopause - anyone out there taking Prempak - C?

(3 Posts)
trishyloo Thu 21-Jan-16 22:20:50

I have been prescribed these and am too nervous to take them. I really don't want weight gain and just wondered who may have taken them and how were people finding it. Just need some confidence before I take them.

PollyPerky Fri 22-Jan-16 08:22:55

My honest advice is read all the info about different types of HRT and go and ask for something else.

Prempak is one of the oldest types and made from an artificial oestrogen. TBH I don't know why drs still prescribe it because there are loads of other types of HRT that are a) safer and b) better tolerated.

You'd be better off with transdermal HRT anyway- a patch or gel- which has no added risk of blood clots. Pills are the least safe.

HRT doesn't cause weight gain- that's a myth.

Have a look at this site www.menopausematters.co.uk and look at the menu on Treatments, under HRT and you will see all the different types

www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

dementedma Sat 30-Jan-16 22:19:11

I have been taking it for about 8 months and it has made a huge difference to the hot flushes. I have gained some weight but that is just as likely to be my sedentary job, lack of exercise and too much alcohol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now