Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Do you still have hot flushes in the winter?

(5 Posts)

Just that, really.

My flushes started whilst the weather was really warm and I started taking Menopace. Now, several months later, I can't decide if the Menopace has helped or if it's just the weather.

The flushes have become gentle, occasional warm wafts instead of the raging, sweat dripping, hourly infernos they previously were.

TheFarSide Fri 22-Jan-16 22:41:41

Good question - mine have been better these last few chilly weeks. I don't take anything for them, so I have assumed it's the weather that's helping with the temperature regulation.

What seems to trigger them for me is getting too hot (rather than other so-called triggers like alcohol and spicy food) so that might be why the weather has made a difference for me.

But then a hot flush will appear out of nowhere, even when I'm cold ... so it can be really difficult to know what's going on!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 23-Jan-16 06:30:14

Mine have been as regular as ever. As I hate being cold I've quite liked them this winter.

Eliza22 Mon 25-Jan-16 07:48:17

Nope....no difference for me.

Sorry I didn't come back to this thread.

I asked a friend the same question who said she gets flushes whatever the weather.

I think I've just been lucky so far with a break from them. I await their reappearance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now