Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Advice needed

(6 Posts)
Charl1963 Fri 25-Dec-15 22:43:47

Hiya ladies really need some advice i am 52 and was steralised 15 yearsago when i had my last baby by c section, all has been fine but my doc gave me depo because of very heavy periods, last period i had was about 4 years ago after coming off depo and losing some weight, all i have had as signs of menopause has been disturbed sleep and not hot flushes as such but just either feeling hot or cold, i was due for smear test 3 years ago but didnt go as i dont like them especially has after having my 16year old i needed laser treatment and for a while my smears were every 6 months, but anyway i havent had a period for gotta between 2 - 3 years then suddenly today i started bleeding heavy with period type cramps and to be honest am frightened to death, need to know if this has happened to anyone else or is there a doc or nurse reading this that can put mind atrest xx

Jackie0 Fri 25-Dec-15 22:47:49

I have no first hand experience, hopefully someone will contribute soon .
Is there an NHS line you can ring if in mainland UK ?

Jackie0 Fri 25-Dec-15 22:49:17

If you have sustained heavy bleeding don't delay in getting advice

Charl1963 Fri 25-Dec-15 22:53:54

It only started this morning with no warning and its not due to having sex x

whattodoforthebest2 Fri 25-Dec-15 23:05:15

I'm a few years older than you and suffered with extremely heavy (unbearable) periods for about a year which was due to fibroids. I believe fibroids are very common although rarely discussed. They stopped as abruptly as they started when I hit menopause.

Try not worry, it could be fibroids, it could be something else. I'd get a GP appointment as soon as the surgery opens on Tuesday.

PollyPerky Sat 26-Dec-15 13:58:31

Sorry you are so worried.
I'm not clear from your post if your last period was 4 years ago (which you said at the start ) or 2-3 years ago?

The rule which drs follow (guidelines) is any bleeding which occurs 12 months or more after a final period must be investigated.

I'm not a dr or a nurse but I do know what I've said above. As you have already had treatment for pre-cancerous cells (I assume?) then you must see your GP without delay. Make an appt for as soon as you can. Putting it off won't help and if you need treatment then better sooner than later.
Good luck .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now