Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

perimenopause

(4 Posts)
loopyloo87 Wed 23-Dec-15 15:16:12

Hi ,I'm really looking for advice I visited my Dr today as last month my period was early at 23 days instead of the usual 28 however this month I came on again after 17 days ..
The Dr said it could be the start of the menopause but having a blood test wouldn't really tell her anything.
Although my period started last week I'm still spotting 7 days later which is unusual...I'm kinda thinking that if this is it I could get my period any time I still feel like I have it my stomach is slightly achy. ..My Dr couldn't really do much ..Any advice please .

anniesequira Thu 07-Jan-16 10:28:24

Hi, reasons your period is late might be stress , weight issues , illness , excessive exercising, or may be other changes in your daily routine.But if you get symptoms of menopause like night sweats and all , then you should consult a Doctor for the treatment.For details of menopause and its symptoms please refer : physicool.ca/

AuntieStella Thu 07-Jan-16 10:34:44

This site is a good place to start if you want to read up on the menopausal process:

www.menopausematters.co.uk

Yes, periods can become more frequent (and heavier, oh joy!) during the perimenopause. Your doctor is right, one blood test is like an MOT, it only tells you what's happening that day, and won't really tell them anything about overall state.

How old are you, btw?

loopyloo87 Fri 08-Jan-16 20:52:43

I'm 49 & my period is due next week..I was fully expecting it again two weeks ago..Nothing has really changed with my health or lifestyle maybe it is the start of things to come...In a funny way I don't want them to stop & while I know women can start the menopause at any age it makes me feel old ☺Thank you for all your information

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now