Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

skin crawling in evenings - peri related?

(5 Posts)
TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 22-Dec-15 12:38:50

I've been suffering from this, along with anxiety and insomnia, for over a year now. I thought the anxiety was caused by work stress, and the sleeplessness and skin crawling part of the anxiety, but by chance a friend mentioned the possibility of perimenopause contributing to anxiety symptoms and on one of the websites I've looked at, the crawling skin sensation is mentioned as another symptom of peri. Has anyone else had it? It's the oddest feeling - like insects crawling on me, making me itchy, but also a sort of jangly nerves feeling, like I can't sit still or get comfy, and only really affects me in the evening. I don't get night sweats, only problems cooling down when I get too warm, so I guess I should count my blessings, but I wonder f anyone has found anything that helps. So far I've switched moisturiser and try to be better at using it more frequently but I haven't noticed much difference.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 22-Dec-15 22:46:32

Just me then!

ENTirelyTrimmedUpForChristmas Tue 22-Dec-15 23:03:34

Not in the evening but when I wake with a startle in the middle of the night. Hot, clammy, creepy skin and horrible unspecific anxiety sad

It usually passes if I get up and go somewhere to cool down some.

clippityclop Tue 22-Dec-15 23:10:09

No, me too. Sort of itchy, ants-in-your-pants sort of feeling, unable to settle, sometimes a weird urge to run but then next minute almost unable move? I find it's worse if I've had more sugary food than usual. Yesterday I felt completely overwhelmed by an unexpected situation that I'd normally take in my stride, glued to the chair with anxiety, yet arms and legs squirming inside. I tell myself 'baby steps', it' pass and keep going. Feel loads more normal today because I've rested. Daytime sweats (power surges!) have stopped for now, night sweats were a problem on holiday, sure these were connected to having more coffee and desserts!

TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 22-Dec-15 23:22:56

Exactly, Clippity. That's interesting about sugar. I've given up caffeine (to help with the sleeping and anxiety) by maybe giving up sugar us worth a shot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now