Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Tearful at nothing

(5 Posts)
tobee Fri 18-Dec-15 11:27:50

Anyone else had this? I'm 47, had hysterectomy in summer conserving ovaries so no immediate menopause. I just keep being tearful at nothing. Not sad things particularly, so don't think depressed. Tearful because of most emotions. Happiness, relief, sad stuff on the news. But minor things. I mean I cried watching Russell Grant being blown out of the canon on strictly ffs. I don't even like Russell Grant. I'm crying now as I write this. It's happened a few times when the phone has rung or postman comes to the door. I don't want to worry people I'm cracking up. Is this commonplace?

tobee Fri 18-Dec-15 11:42:45

Sorry, to clarify. I know it's commonplace but is there anything anyone's used that helped?

KarinaB123 Sat 02-Jan-16 19:09:09

Hello
I'm new and here for the same reason. I think we're in the same boat. I am crying on and off (mostly on). It's come on quite suddenly and very hard to cope with - husband and kids are bewildered. The first step is registering that it may be hormonal. I haven't found an answer yet but exercise and supplements seem to help - hope you get on ok

tobee Thu 14-Jan-16 17:25:28

Ooh, sorry I didn't spot you reply earlier. I'd giving up checking!
I wish there was a remedy. Because I've had the hysterectomy I never know where I am in my cycle. I've been feeling low today and presume that I would be pre menstrual. I wish I could throw it off. Weirdly not tearful today, though.

tobee Thu 14-Jan-16 17:25:49

What supplements btw?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now