Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Tearful at nothing

(5 Posts)
tobee Fri 18-Dec-15 11:27:50

Anyone else had this? I'm 47, had hysterectomy in summer conserving ovaries so no immediate menopause. I just keep being tearful at nothing. Not sad things particularly, so don't think depressed. Tearful because of most emotions. Happiness, relief, sad stuff on the news. But minor things. I mean I cried watching Russell Grant being blown out of the canon on strictly ffs. I don't even like Russell Grant. I'm crying now as I write this. It's happened a few times when the phone has rung or postman comes to the door. I don't want to worry people I'm cracking up. Is this commonplace?

tobee Fri 18-Dec-15 11:42:45

Sorry, to clarify. I know it's commonplace but is there anything anyone's used that helped?

KarinaB123 Sat 02-Jan-16 19:09:09

Hello
I'm new and here for the same reason. I think we're in the same boat. I am crying on and off (mostly on). It's come on quite suddenly and very hard to cope with - husband and kids are bewildered. The first step is registering that it may be hormonal. I haven't found an answer yet but exercise and supplements seem to help - hope you get on ok

tobee Thu 14-Jan-16 17:25:28

Ooh, sorry I didn't spot you reply earlier. I'd giving up checking!
I wish there was a remedy. Because I've had the hysterectomy I never know where I am in my cycle. I've been feeling low today and presume that I would be pre menstrual. I wish I could throw it off. Weirdly not tearful today, though.

tobee Thu 14-Jan-16 17:25:49

What supplements btw?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now