Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

I am being checked for menopause at 38....hand hold/advice pls

(4 Posts)
diamondsplease Wed 02-Dec-15 14:41:56

I went to the Drs with a range of symptoms and it never occurred to me that I might be close to the menopause....I expected the Dr to confirm my suspicions that yes I am going mad confused

I have vulvo-dynia so that was the premise of the appointment - I felt like I needed a "proper" reason to go to Drs.

I have a Mirena so haven't noticed any change in my cycle, I have broken sleep, fleeting feelings of total despair, night sweats, daytime hot flushes, brain fog, dryness ifkwim, I am not myself...

Dr is doing some blood tests and was very sympathetic, suggested possible treatment could be anti-depressants which might also help with the dynia pain and then hit me with .....or you could be menopausal....let's check that too.....I'm not even 40 sad

Any words of wisdom/hope?

PollyPerky Wed 02-Dec-15 17:06:42

sorry flowers
Best site for this is The Daisy Network- loads of info .

PollyPerky Wed 02-Dec-15 17:08:17

p.s- might be worth asking dr if removing the Mirena is worth a go as some women find it does give side effects even though it's not supposed to. It's a synthetic progestogen and I've heard women say it can cause problems though have friends who love it- a Marmite thing!

diamondsplease Wed 02-Dec-15 17:28:06

Thanks will look at this link smile I love my Mirena and have had it for nearly 4 years so much longer than these symptoms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now