Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Soooooo talk to me about endometrial ablation

(4 Posts)
Badders123 Thu 26-Nov-15 16:03:40

On going issues with perimenopause.
Hrt (hormonal treatment) doesn't seem to suit me at this stage sad
My periods are now only 3 days long. It I get a whole weeks worth if bleeding in that 48-72 hours. Very heavy. Clots. Pain. It's not nice.
Menopace plus has helped with night sweats and breast pain.
I may get offered an ablation after a scan tomorrow.
Should I?
Good and bad stories please!

Vajazzler Thu 26-Nov-15 16:14:47

I had one done almost 4 yrs ago now at the same time as having ovarian cyst removed. Recovered well and had a watery bloody discharge for 3 weeks. Then periods went from 200ml per cycle to less than 15ml. It was great!
However I did find that I went from extremely heavy cycles that had no other symptoms to light cycles with breast pain, period cramps, bad moods etc that I'd never had before.
Now, almost 4 yrs on my periods are heavier again but not as bad as before and I have period symptoms every month.

Badders123 Thu 26-Nov-15 17:31:58

Hmmmmm yes I have heard others say the same....

FavadiCacao Thu 26-Nov-15 19:32:05

I had one just over three years ago and it has been a life changer. I have suffered with endometriosis since my teens with ever increasing pain and blood loss. Before the ablation, I was regularly haemorraging; night-time towls would fill in less than half hour and I was bed bound with crippling pain at TOM.
Now, I have a light periods with virtually no pain (granted that the flow has increased a tad since the op). I can go out when I want; I don't have to take horrid medicines (menefenic acis, traxenemic acid, iron supplements, hormones); I can exercise at will; and dh and I have been able to rekindle conjugal bliss. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now