Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Utrogeston..I am confused!

(3 Posts)
NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Mon 09-Nov-15 16:57:00

I have been prescribed Estracot 50mg patches and Utrogeston 100mg to be taken every night.
My last period was March and I am 52, I am confused as I thought if you were perimenopausal you were meant to have a bleed.
I was prescribed them privately and she said I could use them vaginally if I got side effects taking them orally.
But not sure about that as she had also told me to continue with Vagifem daily for 2 weeks as well. VA has been my main problem but have also been getting palpitations, headaches and feeling of warmth/sick feeling.

EamonnHolmesisaPratt2 Sat 14-Nov-15 21:17:41

You need to ask your doc to clarify ! (I had Utrogeston and was told not to take it for the first 5 days of each calendar month. )

HormonalHeap Fri 20-Nov-15 23:58:50

Have you clarified with your doctor yet? I'm on Ustrogeston and loving my sleep again- the only side effect is bigger sore boobs- ie water retention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now