Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

hot flushes

(5 Posts)
coalfire Sun 08-Nov-15 21:24:26

Please can you tell me if this sounds like hot flushes?
I am 49. Always regular.
Period two months ago. Then another period two weeks later, of normal duration. And since then (six weeks) nothing.
During this time I wake up very hot at night. not sweating. but very hot. and sometimes in the day too, I'll just find I'm hot, not sweating, but need to take off my jumper and my face feels it's burning.
Is this the beginning?
Or the end?

ragged Sun 08-Nov-15 21:27:16

see I'm curious because I have always had overheating like that. Since I was a teenager. For as long as I can remember, I can inexplicably overheat when everyone is fine.

And irregular unpredictable periods.

I also have life long bouts of irregular insomnia. Exactly how peri-menop could be different, I can't fathom.

coalfire Sun 08-Nov-15 21:29:19

also getting spots. horrible. like being fourteen.

ragged Sun 08-Nov-15 21:30:54

I never stopped getting spots, either lol.

Count your blessings if you had 30 yrs break from all the rubbish, methinks.

TPel Sun 08-Nov-15 21:33:59

Its the beginning. I'm 3 years down the line. Hot flushes every night. I play okey kokey with the duvet every night. 1 fuck off awful period this year - started first day of my holiday for good measure - and hurt like hell.

Welcome over to the dark side. You will need wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now