Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Weird perimenopausal symptoms

(4 Posts)
lesleylab67 Sat 07-Nov-15 17:16:57

Hi all. I have been suffering with a really dry burning sore mouth tongue and lips. Accompanied by a really horrible taste i am guessing due to the lack of saliva in there. Natch went to the dentists who found nothing wrong so I hot footed to the docs. He has said he thinks I am perimenopausal and this is a less common symptom. I have never heard of anyone else suffering this. I am having irregular periods and right now they full on heavy but I have no flushes or sweating or any of what I thought entering the menopause entailed. I am 48. Anyone else had similarnand if so what relief is there? It is reall distressing

SplatterMustard Sat 07-Nov-15 17:22:00

Are you on any medication?

Hassled Sat 07-Nov-15 17:27:53

Burning Mouth Syndrome - yes, one of the many joys that goes with the menopause. The fun just keeps on coming. Link. All I can tell you is that for me it comes and goes, and after an initial awful bout, I have the odd flare-up and then it vanishes for a good few months. I am much more likely to have it when I'm stressed, I've worked out. And I'm on HRT, which I think I've read can help.

lesleylab67 Mon 09-Nov-15 07:40:39

The doc gave me some rubbish pastilles that don't really help. I am not on any other meds that might have the unwanted side effect of dry mouth. Looking more closely at other perimen symptoms I think I started 12 months ago but didn't put 2 and 2 together. Was the doc happy for you to go on HRT, some friends have said doctors aren't as keen right now on going down that road. What other symptoms did you have? . Hope this symptom eases soon. It is terrible....sob... x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now