Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

PMT night sweats

(7 Posts)
Marjie3 Tue 03-Nov-15 11:21:32

Seem to have found a cure dare I say for night sweats that I get a week before my period is due. Mix 30mls of almond oil (cheapest is from Sainsburys - with the other oils) with 15 drops each of grapefruit oil and thyme oil). I’m on HRT which has stopped most of the sweats but I was still getting them leading up to my period. It is definitely worth trying. Let me know if you have success.

GillynMilly Tue 03-Nov-15 19:33:58

What do you do with the oils?!

GillynMilly Tue 03-Nov-15 19:37:31

P.s I wake shivering and shaking,feeling like I'm freezing,but also hot and sweaty,guess like a cold sweat? Is this normal? Have I hot sweated then get cold?!

80sWaistcoat Wed 04-Nov-15 10:28:00

Gilly - I too am curious as to what to do with the oil!

The waking up chilled is quite normal. I've gone on about this on another thread - but something that really helped me was switching duvets to a wool one. I don't wake up with that awful clammy feeling anymore. I think the duvet wicks the sweat away. It's light and warm but not too warm.

Sometimes I get up and put dry PJs on and get back into bed, but that's quite rare now.

80sWaistcoat Wed 04-Nov-15 10:28:52

Oh, and HRT and menopace seemed to have helped too!

MrsLeighHalfpenny Wed 04-Nov-15 10:31:00

Do you rub them in (where), or swallow them?

Marjie3 Wed 04-Nov-15 16:57:28

Rub the oil in all over - legs, arms, tummy, chest etc; The 30mls of oil should last 2-3 nights.
Try to massage in an hour before bed.
Will be really interested to know if others find it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now