Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Are these night sweats? Peri menopause?

(4 Posts)
Chattycat78 Sun 25-Oct-15 10:27:00

Hi girls, I'm hoping someone can help. Occasionally, I wake during the night, and feel quite sweaty- not drenched, but definitely a little wet around my chest area, sometimes my neck too. I'm not burning up, but I've noticed it seems to be around the end of my cycle when my period is due. I'm pretty worried about this- is it a night sweat?

I'm mainly worried because I'm 36 and trying to get pregnant with baby no 2. However, I do know that I have a low egg reserve( I did ivf for baby 1) which is what makes me wonder if my ovaries are finally packing up! I do have regular cycles, although I did give up breastfeeding only 2 or so months ago so I don't know whether that has affected anything.... Also I've not had any other menopause like symptoms yet, but I don't know if night sweats are one of the first symptoms( nhs website says you don't get them til after your final period?), or whether I'm just a bit hot In bed and getting myself worked up over nothing!

Any advice from anyone?

Mummytron Fri 30-Oct-15 23:22:25

I'm getting the same at the same time and I'm pretty sure it's hormonal. However it doesn't mean we are near menopause. Probably peri. I would tell the doc your worries xx

Wolfiefan Fri 30-Oct-15 23:25:50

I've had awful night sweats. (Ok at the moment.)
Mine seem diet and anxiety related.
Worth chatting to GP?

Chattycat78 Sat 31-Oct-15 20:57:15

Thanks guys. I just got a bfp so not sure now if it's related to that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now