Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Exercise after surgical hysterectomy

(2 Posts)
bananamilkshake1 Mon 20-Jul-15 12:33:25

Hi all,

So, 3 months post total hysterectomy I really want to start building up my fitness again. I'm keen to get back to running a gentle 5k 3 times per week. The only issue I'm having is a "support" one. Although my surgery was keyhole, I feel that I need a kind of sports bra for my mid section as I've tried running but it feels a bit uncomfortable around my belly button. . Has anyone any experience of anything like this? I had a big op for bladder cancer & the hyster was only a part of the surgery.

Thanks,

Banana

pinkfrocks Mon 20-Jul-15 12:49:50

Have you thought about accessing a women's physio maybe at the hospital where you had the op- or privately? I don't think this is something where anecdotal comments will help- you need expert advice. Generally tough, running 5K within 12 weeks of major surgery sounds a bit premature- surely you need to work on the abdominal support muscles first and do some gentle walking etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now