Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Everything Hurts!!

(3 Posts)
LavenderRain Thu 09-Jul-15 21:22:46

I think I am menopausal but have a mirena coil (for previous heavy periods) and havnt had a period for 18 months, so don't really know confused
I get hot flushes, mostly at night, but god I ache sooooo much.
My legs actually hurt and my whole body feels like a ton weight, everything is such an effort,
Is this typical of a menopausal symptom or not?

Bellaciao Sun 12-Jul-15 19:38:51

Although you can't tell whether you are menopausal from periods while on the Mirena coil - since for many women they stop completely - if you're getting flushes then it is likely you are peri-menopausal.

There are numerous symptoms of menopause - I suggest you have a good look at the Menopause matters website and especially at symptoms ( top left menu - "menopause" and all the sub-menus!
www.menopausematters.co.uk/at_menopause.php

Have you thought of HRT? As you have a Mirena then this will deal with the progestogen part of HRT (as long as it is replaced every four years) and you could have an oestorgen only preparation - tablet, patch or gel - starting with low dose - to see if you felt better? Again - lots of info on the website mentioned above.

How old are you? Under the average age of menopause of 51-51 oestrogen replacement is advised anyway to help protect heart and bones, if there is no mdeical reason why you should not take it.

LavenderRain Tue 14-Jul-15 19:51:52

Thanks Bellaciao

I'm 49, I honestly havnt really thought about HRT but I will have a read, Thankyou

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now