Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Peri-menopause: prescribed Elleste Duet 1mg

(4 Posts)
Chavaloy Wed 04-Feb-15 12:15:33

Today I have been prescribed Elleste Duet 1mg. Periods been haywire for about 4 years. Doctor didn't bother with blood tests as said my age (45) and my wonky periods (anything from day 9 to day 299!) were a very good indicator. I've had night and day sweats, but these have passed. Now I just feel low/miserable/anxious/lacking any enthusiasm for anything. I am hoping Elleste Duet can help with these symptoms. However reading the instructions and a bit from Dr Google it seems Elleste Duet can also cause depression and anxiety. Someone tell me they'll make me feel happier again? Also - do they make you gain weight? I've gained weight through being miserable (and eating too much), and can not cope with being bigger. Not going to take them until I'm sure. Very grateful for any wise words. Thank you.

pinkfrocks Wed 04-Feb-15 14:56:53

I think it would be quicker for you to have a look and listen to the video link I posted yesterday which tells you all about HRT.

The part of HRT which may cause depression is the progestogen - taken for 12 days each month. This will in some women have the same effect as our own hormone during a cycle- PMS symptoms. There is a move now to use bio identical hormones ( available on the NHS) either as a patch or gel with a separate bio identical progesterone- Utrogestan. These may give fewer side effects and be safer.

Weight gain is not linked to HRT- but over eating and a change in metabolism after the menopause is- so you need to start eating less, more healthily and take moderate exercise every day.

Chavaloy Wed 04-Feb-15 15:08:49

Thank you pinkfrocks - I'll have a look.

Bevhall Thu 26-Oct-17 17:39:17

just read this I know it is a few years old but could almost be me writing it. Did you stick to the elleste and has it helped?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now