Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Article on peri in the DMail

(9 Posts)
pinkfrocks Mon 26-Jan-15 09:08:23

meglet Mon 26-Jan-15 09:13:11

yes to all those It makes me so angry that gp's dismiss it.

OllyBJolly Mon 26-Jan-15 09:23:55

Agree with Meglet that it's too easy for doctors' to dismiss symptoms of the menopause, but this article is just sensationalist scare mongering. There is a serious lack of understanding about the depth and extent of conditions caused by the menopause but is there a need to be so dramatic?

But it is the Daily Mail, why spoil a good story with a bit of balance?

hairypaws Mon 26-Jan-15 09:36:29

Yes here too. Was terrifying actually. I thought I was losing my mind.

pinkfrocks Mon 26-Jan-15 09:39:01

I agree that the headline is OTT but the women's experiences are perhaps helpful especially the fact that many were prescribed ADs instead of treatment for the menopause.

meglet Mon 26-Jan-15 09:48:49

I haven't had hallucinations (yet) but I do feel like I'm vulnerable and losing my mind.

pinkfrocks Mon 26-Jan-15 10:30:36

I think the writer probably tried VERY hard to find a woman with hallucinations because I've never ever come across that before.

Dunwhingin Mon 26-Jan-15 19:52:32

I've just come looking for a thread because of that article!
I had a hysterectomy last Christmas and was warned that I had a 30% chance of my ovaries packing up and I guess they are.
I am intensely paranoid at the moment, it is ruining everything as I cannot trust anyone in any situation.

meglet Mon 26-Jan-15 20:54:33

dun I had mine 6yrs ago at the age of 35 (ovaries still in). For the last 2 years I've felt dreadful but the docs have poo-pooed my concerns angry . I have all the symptoms bar loss of periods but they don't believe me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now