Talk

Advanced search

What is the difference between perimenopause and the menopause? How do you avoid weight gain? Does the menopause magnet work? And ye gods, tell us how to get a good night's sleep! Luckily Gransnet has put together the most useful tips for navigating those muddy menopausal waters. Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

OMG will it ever end

(4 Posts)
typoqueen Mon 26-Jan-15 00:31:05

menopause hit at 45 now 50 and I feel terrible all the time, hot flushes?? nope im boiling hot and sweaty all day and night, change my clothes 4+ times a day, change my bedding every day, im snappy, irritable, anxious, forgetful, my patients and concentration levels are rock bottom, I have a 7 year old, 2 grown up sons who insist on returning home every few months, 2 cats 1 dog and a husband that appears to be going through the same thing but of course a lot worse than me!! everyone I talk to annoys me beyond belief and don't start me on shopping!! Please someone tell me this gets better before I loose the plot completely

VenusRising Mon 26-Jan-15 00:59:34

HRT?

You don't get a medal for struggling through you know!

See your GP ASAP grin

pinkfrocks Mon 26-Jan-15 08:15:13

2nd the suggestion of HRT. Why suffer? Update yourself on the risks and benefits (the site Menopause Matters has a great HRT section including some risk-benefit info). The consensus now is that HRT is extremely safe for women up to the age of 60 and the benefits outweigh the risks and between 6-70 the risks and benefits are equal.

pinkfrocks Mon 26-Jan-15 08:15:52

6? 60!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: