Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Memory problems

(2 Posts)
kerrymumbles Fri 16-Jan-15 00:16:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pinkfrocks Fri 16-Jan-15 09:03:29

How old are you now? 18 months without a period and you are post-menopause.
It's possible you will have hot flushes forever- some women do because they are caused by low or fluctuating oestrogen levels- my mum swears she has them at 80 and my gynae says some women never see the end of them. New research shows that up to 10 years can be quite normal and beyond that too. sorry!
Memory- we all get a bit forgetful etc with age. I can look at the TV and simply cannot name an actor yet 10 minutes later the name pops into my head! I also forget what I've walked into a room for or why I've sat down at the pc! I think this is normal ageing.

I think your dr is being a bit optimistic to say all this will disappear post meno- it doesn't and most old people find they are more forgetful the older they get- men and women.

If your hot flushes worry you then would you consider HRT? The jury's still out on whether it prevents Alzheimers but there's no point suffering with flushes if you can take something to help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: