Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

no period for 6 almost 7 months - sex problems

(8 Posts)
R4roger Thu 01-Jan-15 11:41:46

feel dry.
uncomfortable.
thought I had thrush. but dont think so, or if i had, i cleared it up.

Is there a cream I can use?

pinkfrocks Thu 01-Jan-15 11:49:29

The only ones that are guaranteed to work are ones on prescription. These contain a weak oestrogen that changes the vaginal walls back to pre-meno state if used regularly.
Some women have to use them forever, right into their 80s and 90s.

Other stuff like lube might help but they are only water-based and won't actually restore your tissues but can be used along with oestrogen creams.

See your GP- it's very common so don't be shy!

R4roger Thu 01-Jan-15 11:51:07

ah thanks.

AuntieStella Thu 01-Jan-15 11:52:31

Useful page from Menopause Matters

I agree with pinkfrocks - your GP will be able to help with this.

R4roger Thu 01-Jan-15 12:26:58

in the meantime, while I pluck up courage, she has only just prescribed DH pills for his ED, so blush what creams should I invest in.

pinkfrocks Thu 01-Jan-15 12:50:20

No need to pluck up courage- just think of it the same way as if you had a sore hand, or whatever. It's just another bit of your body. Just practice saying 'I need something for vaginal dryness.' Easy!

You can't buy anything really effective over the counter- you need a prescription for Vagifem or Ovestin.

R4roger Thu 01-Jan-15 13:08:21

thanks pink

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Thu 01-Jan-15 20:19:33

You need Vagifem or Ovestin, nothing you can buy is any good. Don't leave it, your symptoms will get worse. I have used Ovestin for over a year now..great stuff, hope I can go on using it forever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now