Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

spotting after period finished

(7 Posts)
ConfusedInBath Wed 24-Dec-14 18:33:18

I'm 47 and have been every 29 days for about 3 days then it peters out.
Missed a period in March but put it down to stress as just moved house. This month though had a period that finished last Friday but then have been spotting quite a lot since yesterday.

Any ideas please

ConfusedInBath Tue 27-Jan-15 11:39:46

Still spotting.

Have had colposcopy ( fine ) and uterine biopsy - still waiting for results. Have had 3 ultrasounds that showed cyst on ovary, which initially looks septated but last scan showed it was just functional.

Has anyone else had this kind of spotting in the peri? It's bright red and only there when I wipe.

Have palpitations and cystic acne on jaw. Oh and tinnitus.

I'm worried about this spotting and quite anxious waiting for the biopsy result.

Anyone please?

pinkfrocks Tue 27-Jan-15 15:10:43

It will be hormonal- most likely nothing to worry about at all.

If your period 'finished' on Friday but it started again on MOnday I'd say that is quite 'normal'. For many years I had something like a 5-6 day cycle that followed a pattern of 2-3 days bleeding, 2 days nothing, then 2 days of bleeding again. I never thought it odd- just a stop-start period and am sure my mum said she had the same at times.

I really wouldn't worry. Odd bleeding is only an issue if it's well outside your cycle and you are post menopausal. Anything else is usually just dips in hormones.

ConfusedInBath Tue 27-Jan-15 15:43:32

Thank you.
But uterine cancer does happen to women who haven't been through the menopause. That's why it's very important not to dismiss irregular bleeding.

pinkfrocks Tue 27-Jan-15 15:47:32

I agree. I've been investigated for it- twice. But it is nevertheless rare in women pre-menopause and tends to occur if women have certain risk factors.

www.cancer.org/cancer/endometrialcancer/detailedguide/endometrial-uterine-cancer-risk-factors Risks]]

ConfusedInBath Tue 27-Jan-15 16:25:03

Thanks for that link pink. It's very reassuring and it seems I'm not at risk.

I don't think you noticed but this is a month old thread that I bumped.
I've been spotting since 11th Jan with what I think a period in the middle.
Never happened before so just a bit unnerving.

pinkfrocks Tue 27-Jan-15 17:18:04

I had a friend who spotted for weeks and months- it was entirely hormonal and due to low progesterone. she was sorted with progestogens- like the mini pill.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: