Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

elleste duet conti tabs

(6 Posts)
debbie1964 Wed 17-Dec-14 21:07:02

Hi, have been on the menopause for nearly 3 yrs. Started hot flushes months ago, have been getting emotional times too, periods come when they fancy. 1 month ago doc put me on above tabs, flushes went within 5 days, great, started to feel better, now have started to feel lousy again. Should i come off tabs. ??? Also throid is out of synch too, any ideas please. Am 50 by the way.

drzeus Wed 17-Dec-14 21:15:21

Following as I've recently started elleste duet 1mg. Feeling better, no more hot flushes. Was rather nervous about starting hrt. I'm also 50.

pinkfrocks Thu 18-Dec-14 13:08:19

I don't know the product personally but if it's conti ( continuous) then it may be the wrong type.

Types of HRT

If you are still having periods you are not over the menopause- you are still in peri menopause.
Continuous HRT- oestrogen and progestogen daily- is meant for women who are not having natural periods at all and who have not had one for a year or more.

It's usually the progestogen that makes women feel yucky- like PMT. You are taking 1mg Norethisterone daily- this may be making you feel yucky.

I'd go back and ask for something different- some people say femoston is good- but patches are better/ safer and you can use HRT that gives a period so you are not taking progestogens daily.

debbie1964 Thu 18-Dec-14 20:06:56

Am not having periods continually though, went 6 months without one last year, have gone 4 months recently, not sure if the tabs made me come on, or just coincidence. Dont have them regular, havent for as i said nearly 3 yrs. Blood tests have shown i am in peri menopause, levels were very high. Still unsure about the tablets though. Take or not. ????

pinkfrocks Thu 18-Dec-14 20:55:46

Go back to the dr and ask why you are being given HRT that is for women post menopause- you have been given the wrong type.

Have a look at the menopause matters website under HRT and see all the infor there about types.

debbie1964 Thu 18-Dec-14 21:50:51

Will have a look, dont want horrible hot flushes back if i come off them though. Thank you. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now