Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Changes downstairs - personal fanjo details

(8 Posts)
discophile Wed 03-Dec-14 19:45:44

Look away if you are having your tea. Did anyone notice that at late 40s there was a change to what happened inside the fanjo? (I did warn you). I just noticed that things seems to smell totally different down there. It's all clean and everything but the ahem natural juices smell very different from how they used to smell. Did anyone else have this? Is it a temporary thing? Would be interested to know the scientific answer, eg, less oestrogen or something.

pinkfrocks Wed 03-Dec-14 21:58:42

didn't notice the changes you say but things do get drier.
Vagifem or Ovestin cream ( oestrogen) are your friends.

discophile Wed 03-Dec-14 22:17:23

Thanks pinkfrocks. Not drier at all but different. Have done some googling and couldn't find anything similar. Looked on menopause matters forum as well. Ho hum. More investigations needed.

MyLittleFinger Thu 04-Dec-14 17:19:49

Yes this has happened to me it gets a bit whiffy there at times eek!

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Thu 04-Dec-14 17:36:58

I'm peri menopausal. Are you telling me that on top of everything else my foofoo is going to go BAD? No, that's just taking the piss, now. I never signed up for this. shock

PurpleWithRed Thu 04-Dec-14 17:38:57

Don't panic - my fanjo is as fragrant as ever

itscrapbeingawoman Thu 11-Dec-14 22:06:49

Yeah, I've noticed things being a bit whiffy. All these liners that claim to keep you fresh and odour free, just one big con.blush

pinkfrocks Fri 12-Dec-14 08:22:59

TBH this is not a guaranteed sign of meno smile well- I certainly have never had it and am post meno though have been using HRT for some years.
You could have BV ( bacterial vagi wotsit) which gives off a pong and that needs treatment via the GP.
This can be caused by hormone changes-too little oestrogen changes the balance of bacteria in the vagina- it becomes more alkaline instead of the normal acidic balance. The treatment is vaginal HRT- creams and tiny pessaries. It's worth seeing your GP about because vaginal atrophy causes all kinds of issues with the bladder too and treating it sooner is better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now