Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Night Sweats

(10 Posts)
mkmjimmy Wed 03-Dec-14 16:16:08

This has probably been done to death - but its the thing that bothering me most about peri menopause. I'm on HRT but while the night sweats have lessened in frequency they haven't gone away.

Any tips? I find if I've done some exercise that seems to make a difference (unless its coincidence). I drink de-caff tea (quite a lot of it.)

DayLillie Thu 04-Dec-14 15:05:06

I get them occasionally, out of the blue now (had them for years previously) and can only recommend absorbant night wear confused.

What worked best for me in managing them, was a constant temp room, not too cold. Thinish duvet folded blanket over feet that could be moved upwards. Drink plenty and keep a glass of water by the bed in case you wake up hot.

I got some last week and just had to get up and put the old faithful nighty back on. It helps if you are good at getting straight back to sleep.

pinkfrocks Thu 04-Dec-14 19:17:49

Have you discussed changing your HRT to a higher dose? Usually, symptoms respond to more oestrogen.

dementedma Mon 08-Dec-14 21:35:51

Night sweats are killing me. Wake up every hour through the night like clockwork. Am like a zombie from lack of 50 and last period was October. Will HRT help? Cant go on lime this!

pinkfrocks Mon 08-Dec-14 23:02:28

Yes, HRT will help.

Truckingalong Fri 19-Dec-14 06:36:21

Ladycare magnet has knocked my sweats on the head. Am recommending it everywhere now!! It may do nothing for you but it's worth a shot. My flushes stopped within 5 hours of putting it in place.

dementedma Sat 03-Jan-15 16:08:37

Update - been taking Evening Primrose Oil and Vitamin B supplement and hot flushes and night sweats greatly reduced!

Truckingalong Tue 06-Jan-15 18:09:38

Update from me - I've been wearing the magnet for 3 weeks now. The night sweats have gone completely and (TMI alert), I am no longer dry down below either. Miraculous. I am honestly just a regular human-person with no links whatsoever to the product - just want to share my experience in case it can help someone else.

mrsmootoo Sun 18-Jan-15 18:30:18

I read a lot of different threads on this (I was looking for an answer to night sweats that wasn't HRT). I bought my Ladycare magnet four days ago and it honestly seems to be working. Much reduced sweats and I can actually sleep through the night. To be clear I also started taking Evening Primrose Oil at the same time, so I am happy to declare that this is in no way any sort of science experiment and that it just seems to be working for me. The reviews on Boots seem to be 50/50 for and against, but I am happy with a cheapish placebo effect that works. It attaches either side of your pants with a magnet; it's about 5x4cms.

scotchmincepie Sun 25-Jan-15 13:52:17

Bought a wool duvet in the sales (soak and sleep - slightly ironic compny name!) and some cool tech cotton pyjamas from m and s. And it seems to have made the whole experience better. Still night sweats but not waking up really cold and clammy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now