Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Six years into menopause

(5 Posts)
benschn Wed 03-Dec-14 10:06:44

I hope this is okay. I am posting this on behalf of my wife, who is 6 years into the menopause and still suffering huge hot flushes. She didn't want to take HRT but has recently heard of bioidentical hormones. Does anybody have experience of starting these so late into the menopause? Would they help at this point?

pinkfrocks Wed 03-Dec-14 10:45:20

Bio identical hormones ARE HRT. (Is that what you are saying?)

HRT started within 6 years of the menopause is still regarded as do-able and safe. Do you mean it is 6 years since she had a period because that is what 6 years into menopause means.

Why doesn't your wife come along herself and ask for support?

Or there was a programme on all of this on Radio 4 Womans Hour on Monday gone- she can listen again.

benschn Wed 03-Dec-14 11:21:31

For some reason she finds it terribly difficult to talk about. I can't even persuade her to talk to our GP about it.

But it's helpful to know that it isn't too late.

pinkfrocks Wed 03-Dec-14 11:50:57

Oh for goodness sake- why is she embarrassed over a normal part of ageing?

I hope she finds the wherewithall to seek help.

pinkfrocks Wed 03-Dec-14 13:24:44

As you may know, she can't have HRT - bioidentical or otherwise -unless she goes to a dr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now