Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

when to see a doctor

(5 Posts)
lokijet Tue 02-Dec-14 07:27:01

Im nearly 45 and for the past couple of years periods have become more irregular (latest 27 days overdue!) which i previously mentioned to GP who said menopause was only once no periods for 1 year.

Am now getting hot flashes and night sweats and reading here i think i may also be also suffering irritability and rage (which I had attributed to young DS behaviour and tiredness)

do I need doctor to confirm and can they do anything to alleviate symptoms?

pinkfrocks Tue 02-Dec-14 10:28:05

Excellent programme on Radio 4 yesterday- Woman's Hour- all about this. You can Listen Again.

Read as much as you can- see [[]

Your dr sounds a bit unhelpful! Peri meno is the years ( can be as long as 5-10) before you final period.

One year after a final period you are called menopausal, or post menopause.

You only need to see a dr if you want treatment prescribed such as HRT.

DayLillie Tue 02-Dec-14 11:04:05

WH Hormones Special

lokijet Tue 02-Dec-14 19:54:02

thanks - will check out - have been advised by Bupa to look at HRT when I ht menopause given family history of heart disease but wasn't sure when

almondfinger Tue 02-Dec-14 20:40:58 Excellent advise and education here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: