Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Perimenopause

(7 Posts)
Dandelionsmith Wed 26-Nov-14 14:19:49

Sorry if this is the same question that others have asked but I am concerned I may be perimenopausal. I have one son aged 2 and I'm 38. I stopped taking the pill three months ago as we hope to have another child. I noticed a few months ago that I was getting more BO than I used to and I was sweatier/getting hot flushes but I thought maybe it was the Pill or caused by me being a bit heavier than I used to be. I have started to sleep very restlessly and feel very down. I also had the most incredible cold shivering feeling without having a temperature and my nose feels very blocked a lot of the time. I also am getting earache and back pain a lot. My periods are still regular but I have read these can be symptoms. I thought I was a bit young, but should I go to the GP or there not much they can do? My Mum was in her 50s when she had her menopause.

bobs123 Wed 26-Nov-14 14:25:01

See this thread hairs, and other joys of perimenopause

Lots of info on there!

bobs123 Wed 26-Nov-14 14:25:36

hairs, and other joys of perimenopause

whoops, didn't work!

bobs123 Wed 26-Nov-14 14:26:37

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2238586-Throat-hairs-and-other-joys-of-perimenopause?

3rd time lucky grin ?

pinkfrocks Wed 26-Nov-14 14:38:30

Doesn't sound like the menopause- sounds as if you have a virus.

DayLillie Wed 26-Nov-14 16:03:19

I have heard of 'cold flushes' before.

It is a really good time to reassess your diet and exercise habits and other lifestyle routines, as this is always the first port of call, and it will help you into the future whether you are in perimenopause or not. Then see your GP if you are having problems.

Dandelionsmith Thu 27-Nov-14 21:02:31

Thanks Bobs. Not very cheery reading!
I really don't think my symptoms are consistent with a virus; as I said I didn't have a temperature. I am seeing the GP next week though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now