Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

its a minefield!

(7 Posts)
poppymoon Tue 25-Nov-14 22:50:45

would hrt help? should i bother? is it safe? will it help me? should i manage without it?

what an absolute minefield it is with so much information to plough through.

meh.

pinkfrocks Tue 25-Nov-14 22:56:06

Should I Pm you- I seem to hog these threads and think everyone will get a bit tired of my HRT posts.

thenightsky Tue 25-Nov-14 23:00:18

I went for HRT right at the start of my menopause. I've had no trouble at all, although I may attempt to kill anyone who tried to stop my prescription grin

I have a friend who is 74 and still taking a tiny dose each day. It stops her joint hurting and keeps her fit and pain free enough to swim 20 lengths a day. She knows this because she got a different GP 10 years ago (when she was 63) who made her stop it and she was in so much pain with her joints she couldn't even drive. She got back on it via another GP as fast as she could.

poppymoon Wed 26-Nov-14 09:21:19

please do pinkfrocks. i feel like i'm 14 again and have no idea what to do about anything.

poppymoon Wed 26-Nov-14 09:25:00

not sure how far along i am thenightsky.

the sweating, weird cycles etc i can cope with (at the moment). fatigue.....well, i have ME/CFS so i'm never exactly energetic but thinking about it, it has become worse lately.......
the hair loss and ridiculous weight gain i'm not happy about but i doubt starting HRT now could reverse those things?

i can't believe i never realised before.

thenightsky Wed 26-Nov-14 17:00:52

How old are you poppy?

I was feeling muddle headed, hot at night etc, but only a couple of times a week. GP did a blood test which suggested I still had some hormones there, but they were well down, suggesting the very beginning of menopause. She started me on the lowest dose, which I have increased gradually as symptoms re-emerged. I started at age 48 and I'm now 55.

poppymoon Wed 26-Nov-14 19:10:43

i'm 46 nightsky. my mom had a very early menopause - slipped into it straight after having me in her early 30's. in hindsight, its difficult to tell what could have been or is caused by pre-menopause stuff and what could be my CFS/ME.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now